Why study Petroleum Engineering in Russia?
- Companies such as Gazprom, Rosneft, the Russian government’s Education Ministry and numerous others support the petroleum engineering program at leading Russian State Universities and provide graduates with employment opportunities beyond their studies.
- The faculty of Petroleum Engineering in the leading Russian State Universities are the the largest an oldest in Asia and one of the best in the world.
- You will spend a large amount of time applying the course material to real oil and gas field data.
- Research is integrated into learning
- Bilingual diploma: in Russian and English languages
- Enhanced opportunities for career development
- European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)
- Access to excellent research and technological resources
- Modern educational technologies
- low Professor: student ratios
- Russian State Universities have a reputation for high quality research
As a petroleum engineer you will be responsible for the identification and production of hydrocarbons, requiring a range of skills in engineering and geoscience disciplines. You may work on a drilling rig, as part of a multi-disciplinary team for an energy company or as one of a diverse range of service contractors who support the extraction of hydrocarbons.
This is an exciting and technically challenging programme that will equip you for a range of careers in the petroleum industry.
Ongoing growth in worldwide energy consumption means demand for petroleum engineers is high. Countries like China, India, Russia, Nigeria, Ghana, the US, UK, Netherlands, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Egypt, Algeria etc. are always in need of good specialists and this need is only poised to grow.
Petroleum engineers are at the forefront of ensuring that we have a continued supply of this most important commodity on the planet today. With continued worldwide demand for energy, there is no better time to be a Petroleum Engineer.
Petroleum Engineering is an interdisciplinary subject, so you will study a broad range of subjects including geology, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, chemistry and mathematics. You will be taught how hydrocarbon is generated, stored and produced in the subsurface. On completion of the programme you will understand the life-cycle development of oil and gas fields, and how petroleum engineers operate them effectively.
Petroleum Engineering is concerned with the exploration for and extraction of hydrocarbons, eg. crude oil and natural gas. Petroleum Engineers use creative and imaginative knowledge of petroleum geology, reservoir behaviour, as well as fundamental engineering principles to develop effective and safe solutions for the exploration, recovery and transportation of hydrocarbon products trapped underground, onshore or offshore, and in very challenging environments.
Virtually every product in modern life has probably been manufactured using energy generated by oil or gas.
If you are interested in applying the knowledge of geology and physics, in creating engineering systems for safe and sustainable harnessing of the primary source of energy used by the modern society, then you should consider Petroleum Engineering as a career choice.
To view degree programs in Petroleum Engineering in Russia offered by CFER, click here.
Read Full Post »
Study Petroleum Engineering in Russia with a specialization in Offshore Field Development Technology
Language of instruction: English
This program has been designed to meet the growing industry demand for highest level professionals with an international profile. In this program students have a possibility to do an exchange semester at Stavanger University in Norway.
The Master degree program in Offshore Field Development Technology will enable the students to draw on:
- interactive and dynamic learning environment of Russia created within the framework of the Federal innovative project ‘Education’;
- experience of Norwegian professionals whose expertise encompasses not only cutting edge theoretical concepts, but also extensive industry experience in offshore fields development;.
- access to modern and well-equipped facilities in Russia and Norway.
Diplomas of Masters in Offshore Field Development Technology
After successful completion of the program all students who fulfil without fail the requirements of two Universities will receive a Master of Science Degree in Petroleum Engineering from Russia and University of Stavanger in Norway.
Three locations to study Offshore Field Development Technology
Students will study in Moscow and one semester in Stavanger. In addition students will complete an internship in major oil and gas companies.
Course “Arctic Offshore Technology” is annually taught by an international team of professors at the University of Studies on Spitsbergen (UNIS). It is anticipated that students participating in this Program will travel to Spitsbergen to take this course during the 3rd semester of their studies while in Norway.
Organization of Offshore Field Development Technology Program
Duration of the program is 2 years (4 semesters and summer internship).
Content of the two year Offshore Field Development Technology program
To finish the program successfully, each student will be required to complete courses totaling 120 ECTS, including the thesis valued at 30 ECTS.
Complete program of one semester corresponds to 30 ECTS.
- Probability, statistics and stochastic modeling of uncertainty. (5 ECTS)
- Natural Gas Industry: Economics and Management. (5 ECTS)
- Oil and gas well drilling technology.(5 ECTS)
- Offshore field development. (5 ECTS)
- Decision making and risk analysis. (5 ECTS)
- Mechanics of multiphase flow. (5 ECTS)
- Flow of fluids in pipes. (4 ECTS)
- Marine technology. (5 ECTS)
- Challenges in offshore project development. (4 ECTS)
- Arctic gas. (3 ECTS)
- Measurements in oil and gas production. (2 ECTS)
- Non-conventional hydrocarbon resources (2 ECTS)
- Information systems, project management and computer-aided design in reservoir engineering. (4ECTS)
- General theory of dynamic systems. (2 ECTS)
- Equations of mathematical physics. (2 ECTS)
- Philosophy and methodology of science. (2 ECTS)
- Sub sea technology (10 ECTS)
- Marine Operations (5 ECTS)
- Pipelines and Risers (5 ECTS)
- Arctic Offshore Engineering (10 ECTS)
Read Full Post »
Study in Faculty of Petroleum in Russia
We offer you the following courses on the Faculty of Petroleum in Russia. After getting a degree in Petroleum Engineering you will able to work with most profitable companies of the world, such as Exxon Mobil, GAZPROM, RosNeft, British Petroleum, Shell, etc.
BACHELORS & MASTERS programs on the faculty of Petroleum
Studying Petroleum Engineering in Russia is grand way to learn from the best and the brightest of the Russian academia regarding the Oil & Gas industry in Russia, the world and also the Russian perspective. Since energy is the heart of the Russian economy and gives it power in the world business, politics and social affairs, it is only logical that Petroleum Engineering branch is given lot of focus.
BACHELORS in Petroleum Engineering in Russia
- Operation and maintenance of transport & storage of oil, gas and derivative products (TPU)
- Drilling of oil and natural gas wells (TPU)
- Building, Operation and maintenance of exploitation site (extraction facilities) (TPU)
- Design and Operation of Oil & Gas fields (TPU)
- Oil and Gas Business
- Design, construction and operation of oil and gas pipelines and pipeline system
- Construction, maintenance and repair of pipelines (TPU)
- Technology of geological exploration
- Technology and technique in the exploration of mineral deposits
MASTERS in Petroleum Engineering in Russia
- Imagineering and Engineering of oil fields
- Development of oil fields
- Operation of wells in the complicated conditions
- Physics of the formation fluids
- Technology opened oil and gas reservoirs
- Drilling of horizontal wells
- The technology of drilling fluids
- Hydromechanics in drilling
- Technical diagnostics oil-gas transport systems
- Pipeline transportation of hydrocarbons
- Resource-saving technologies of transport and storage of hydrocarbons
- Geology of strategic metals
- Oil and gas geology
- Geological survey, prospecting and exploration of mineral deposits
- Oil and Gas Geology
- Prospecting and exploration of groundwater and geological engineering
- Reliability of oil pipelines and storage (TPU)
- Construction of deep oil and gas wells in complex geological conditions (TPU)
- Manage the development and exploitation of oil and gas fields (TPU)
- Designing of objects and infrastructure development of Oil and Gas fields (TPU)
- Construction and maintenance of Oil and Gas facilities (TPU)
English Language MASTER PROGRAMS in the faculty of Petroleum Engineering in Russia
- Offshore field development technologies
- Petroleum economics and management
- Reservoir geoscience and engineering
- Technologies of oil and gas fields development
- Power saving technologies for gas transporting systems
DOCTORATE (PhD.) in Petroleum Engineering in Russia
- Geochemistry, geochemical methods of mineral search
- Geology, searches and investigation of combustible minerals
- Development and exploitation of Oil and Gas fields
- Technology and equipments of prospecting works (oil and gas exploration)
- Technology of drilling and development wells
- Engineering geology, geocryology and ground science
- Geophysics, geophysical methods of mineral exploration
- Mining and oil field geology, geophysics and geometry of bowels (geological-mineralogical sciences)
- Geology, searches and investigation of firm minerals minerageny
- Crystallography & mineralogy;
- Geology, prospecting and exploration of oil and gas deposits
- Economy and management of a national economy (economics, organization and management of enterprises, organizations, industry, logistics, environmental economics)
- General and regional geology
- Planning, land survey and Land Monitoring
- Chemical technology of fuel and special products
- Processes and devices of chemical technologies (Department of Chemical Technology of Fuel and Chemical Cybernetics & Department of General Chemical Technology)
- Analytical chemistry
- Physical Chemistry (Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry and Technology Department of organic substances and plastics)
Areas of research
- Developing effective and resource-saving technology of well construction in complicated conditions
- Developing effective and resource-saving technologies in oil digging / procurement and efficiency in production rate near problematic sources.
- Development of resource-saving technologies in pipeline transportation carrying fuel and minerals in crude form.
- Directional drilling
- Increase the wear resistance of the rock cutting tool
- ecotoxicity studies of drilling and grouting mortars
- development of jet-vortex nozzles jetting drill bits
- improving the quality of drilling mud
- development of a communication channel with the slaughter
- based on the excitation pulse currents in rock failure.
- Mathematical modeling of heat and mass transfer in complex shear flows of single-phase or multiphase media in the internal systems
- Improved operational reliability of the equipment pipeline transport
- Trenchless methods of pipelines
- Development and implementation of systems of advanced methods, tools and mining technologies
- Geodetic support of the design, construction and operation of oil pipelines and technical storage facilities
- Geodetic support of geological, geophysical and other fieldwork, post-processing of materials and construction of geological maps and other graphics
- Scientific substantiation choices oilfield and mining equipment.
Strategic Partners for some of the Masters programs are:
- University of Calgary (Canada)
- Institute of Oil and Natural Gas University, Miskolc (Hungary);
- Institute of turbulence, Marseille (France)
- Oil and Gas Institute, Paris (France)
- European Organization for Research
- International Association ThermoEnergy companies (Slovakia, Italy, Holland, Germany, Ukraine)
- University Heriot Watt, Edinburg, UK (United Kingdom)
For applying to study Petroleum Engineering (Oil & Gas Engineering) in one of the leading Russian State Universities go here and learn the step-by-step admission process at the end of the page. Then you may fill in all fields in our Information Request Form and forward it to one of our e-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Read Full Post »