Study Petroleum Engineering in Russia with a specialization in Offshore Field Development Technology
Language of instruction: English
This program has been designed to meet the growing industry demand for highest level professionals with an international profile. In this program students have a possibility to do an exchange semester at Stavanger University in Norway.
The Master degree program in Offshore Field Development Technology will enable the students to draw on:
- interactive and dynamic learning environment of Russia created within the framework of the Federal innovative project ‘Education’;
- experience of Norwegian professionals whose expertise encompasses not only cutting edge theoretical concepts, but also extensive industry experience in offshore fields development;.
- access to modern and well-equipped facilities in Russia and Norway.
Diplomas of Masters in Offshore Field Development Technology
After successful completion of the program all students who fulfil without fail the requirements of two Universities will receive a Master of Science Degree in Petroleum Engineering from Russia and University of Stavanger in Norway.
Three locations to study Offshore Field Development Technology
Students will study in Moscow and one semester in Stavanger. In addition students will complete an internship in major oil and gas companies.
Course “Arctic Offshore Technology” is annually taught by an international team of professors at the University of Studies on Spitsbergen (UNIS). It is anticipated that students participating in this Program will travel to Spitsbergen to take this course during the 3rd semester of their studies while in Norway.
Organization of Offshore Field Development Technology Program
Duration of the program is 2 years (4 semesters and summer internship).
Content of the two year Offshore Field Development Technology program
To finish the program successfully, each student will be required to complete courses totaling 120 ECTS, including the thesis valued at 30 ECTS.
Complete program of one semester corresponds to 30 ECTS.
- Probability, statistics and stochastic modeling of uncertainty. (5 ECTS)
- Natural Gas Industry: Economics and Management. (5 ECTS)
- Oil and gas well drilling technology.(5 ECTS)
- Offshore field development. (5 ECTS)
- Decision making and risk analysis. (5 ECTS)
- Mechanics of multiphase flow. (5 ECTS)
- Flow of fluids in pipes. (4 ECTS)
- Marine technology. (5 ECTS)
- Challenges in offshore project development. (4 ECTS)
- Arctic gas. (3 ECTS)
- Measurements in oil and gas production. (2 ECTS)
- Non-conventional hydrocarbon resources (2 ECTS)
- Information systems, project management and computer-aided design in reservoir engineering. (4ECTS)
- General theory of dynamic systems. (2 ECTS)
- Equations of mathematical physics. (2 ECTS)
- Philosophy and methodology of science. (2 ECTS)
- Sub sea technology (10 ECTS)
- Marine Operations (5 ECTS)
- Pipelines and Risers (5 ECTS)
- Arctic Offshore Engineering (10 ECTS)