Study Masters in Agronomy in Russia
with Council for Foreign education in Russia (CFER) under the Learning in Russia™ program for international students!
Specialization: Plant Protection
Language of instruction: English
Duration: 2 years
ECTS credits: 120
English Language level – at least IELTS – 6, 0 TOEFL iBT – 79;
Masters training is conducted in accordance with the requirements of the labor market managers in the field of plant protection products in joint training programs with leading global companies, such as “SYNGENTA”, “BAYER”, “BASF” etc.
Among the most important special subjects should be noted:
- Organization of the integrated systems of protection of plants: basic laws of population dynamics of pests, specificity of formation and development of agro-ecosystems. Building a modern system of integrated crop protection and technology implementation. Reduction of losses of agricultural products from pests and diseases at different stages of production and storage.
- Immunity of plants: immunogenetic analysis techniques and problems of breeding and biotechnology skills to create sustainable forms of plants to pathogens. Determining the level of severity of pathogens using modern methods of investigation of their biological and environmental properties. Control over the structure of natural populations of different species of harmful organisms modify their racial composition, changes in pathogenicity, aggressiveness and virulence. Breeding programs for screening the gene pool, search and selection of donors sustainability assessment of source material, identify resistance genes and determine their effectiveness for practical breeding.
- Virology: characteristics and methods of circulation of infection, diagnosis of lesions and purification agents, determining their infectivity and measures to combat them. Recovery methods of planting and seed. Selection. Thermotherapy. Apical meristem culture. Chemotherapy. Protecting plantations from reinfection.
- Quarantine of plants: basic structure of the legislation in the quarantine. Key quarantine objects (pests, diseases and weeds) that can in relation to delivery to the country significantly affect crop yields. Detection and identification of quarantine facilities. Structure of external quarantine: the import, transit and export of regulated goods. Internal quarantine: the organization, the requirements of preventing the spread of quarantine facilities in the country. Procedures and methods for decontamination of regulated articles and methods of elimination of quarantine facilities available in the country.
- Biotechnology in plant protection: methods for culturing entomophagous, predators, herbivores, and especially their accumulation and mass production of biologics. Recovery methods plants. Accelerated breeding for resistance to diseases and pests. Clonal propagation of valuable genotypes and uterine plants. Production of biologics. Evaluating the effectiveness of biologics. Form of application and storage regimes biologics invitro.
- Baterialnye plant disease: A system of pathogenic bacteria and the diseases they cause. Distribution methods and sources of primary infection with bacterial diseases. Methods of diagnosis of bacterial diseases. Bacterial diseases of vegetable crops. Bacteriosis Solanaceae crops. Bacterial diseases of cereals. Quarantine bacterial diseases. Methods of protecting plants against bacterial diseases.
- Nematode diseases of plants: harmfulness and economic value plant-parasitic nematodes. Origin and evolution of nematodes. Ecology of plant-parasitic nematodes. Morphological and anatomical structure of plant-parasitic nematodes. Taxonomy and biological characteristics of plant-parasitic nematodes. Characteristics of the main families of plant-parasitic nematodes. Nematodes – carriers of viruses. Phytohelminths quarantine. Methods of plant protection against plant-parasitic nematodes.
- Biological crop protection: exploring the most important groups of natural parasites, pests, diseases and weeds Entomophages. Acariphage. Herbivores. Genetic methods of insect control. Production technology and methods of control efficacy of biologics. Problems, prospects and the role of biological methods in plant protection. Conditions of use. Efficiency. Environmental friendliness.