Study Management in Russia in Master in International Business.
Study Master in International Business in Russia (in English) under the Learning in Russia™ program for international students!
Come study with Council for Foreign Education in Russia, the official International Education partner of leading Russian State Universities and Russian National Research State Universities.
Degree/Field of study: Master in Management (in English)
Specialization: International Business in Russia (in English)
Duration: 2 years
Deadline: August 10th. If students miss the deadline, they are advised to take a one year Russian Preparatory course which will give them an opportunity to be independent, work in Russia as well as enjoy the social life in Russia freely. After one year they will be admitted in the 2-year English medium Master program.
About the Program
The program’s mission is to ensure that students develop a strong competency in international business practices and a deep understanding of the global business environment.
The world is changing rapidly and the dynamic global economy mandates a new generation of business leaders with global thinking and proactive mind. More and more local companies today become dependent on global markets. To succeed in this complex environment, a traditional business education is incomplete. Today’s successful business leaders must possess a long-term vision of tomorrow’s risks and opportunities in the world market place, essential not only for global companies but also for those aspiring to be.
The Master of International Business program is a unique hybrid of a business degree and an international affairs degree. The MIB aims to equip students with both the traditional business skills and the knowledge in the political, economic and socio-cultural aspects of the global marketplace. Unlike the standard MBA which is insufficiently international or globalizes functionally oriented curricula, this program ensures that graduates not only understand how companies operate, but also the complex context in which they operate.
This unique innovative program is the first of its kind in Russia. The curriculum and the core aspects of the program meet the requirements of the world’s most advanced MIB programs.
MIB business partners:
Henkel, Volga-Dnepr Group, American Chamber of Commerce in Russia, Michelin, Unilever
Are you dissatisfied with your first career choice? Do you dream about a successful international career? Or are you simply looking for more knowledge to advance in your current position or start your own business domestically or abroad? Or perhaps you are interested in international affairs but would like to have a more practical application to your degree?
Then the Master of International Business (MIB) program will help you become a successful business leader in this politically, socially and economically challenging and exciting world. The MIB program recruits the best teaching faculty and business professionals to deliver the most competitive curriculum and enable students to make the most out of their learning experience.
• The program is practice-oriented
• Some courses are taught by senior executives of global and multinational companies, including PricewaterhouseCoopers; Michelin; Egon Zehnder International
• Students are offered a wide variety of elective courses to customize their education
• Students may choose to study at a partner university abroad for one semester
• Students do a real-life consulting project for a client – one of the program’s business partners
• Students stay constantly exposed to the real business world through regular workshops, projects and master-classes presented by company executives at all levels
• Evening and Saturday classes enable students to work and study at the same time
• Students build extensive networks for future career
Our graduates will be able to:
• Analyze foreign and domestic markets
• Assess regional political and economic risks and opportunities
• Make financial and investment decisions
• Hone in negotiation and dispute resolution skills
• Understand the social and cultural influences on doing business globally
• Create a business plan for a new venture
• Effectively use various marketing and advertising tools
• Manage consulting projects
• Conduct strategic company planning
• Select the best business format and strategy of foreign market entry
• Collect, process and present data necessary for project completion and planning
Our goal is to train managers, experts and analysts with global thinking and proactive mind.
Students can create a specialized, flexible curriculum to either expand their previous knowledge or acquire new skills
Graduates are prepared to work in the global arena and become managers, consultants and executives in international companies
The ‘International Business’ master’s program is a 2-year on-campus program.
Classes are taught in the evenings and on Saturdays.
The language of instruction is English.
The final state certification takes place after thesis defense.
In the first semester of the second year of study students may choose to study abroad at any partner university.
The second semester of year 2 is dedicated to practical work including thesis preparation.
Our students take advantage of a wide variety of core and elective courses to customize their education .
The ‘International Business’ master’s program consists of the following study blocks:
• core courses
• elective courses
• adaptational courses
• optional courses
• ‘International Business Consulting’ project
• practical and research work (including one term paper project)
• final project (thesis)
Core courses form the foundation of skills and knowledge in the key areas of international business and international affairs. Students take the core courses in their first year of study. In order to gain analytical and research skills students attend a scientific and research seminar, which enables them to prepare for the term project and choose the thesis topic.
For students who do not have a substantial background in global economy, international affairs, finance and management the program offers adaptational courses aimed at building a solid base for further more in-depth knowledge of specific subjects.
Elective courses allow students to customize their education to suit their own interests and career goals. The elective courses are offered in both the first and second years of study. Through elective courses students build the unique expertise and marketable skills in the areas of their choice.
‘International Business Consulting’ is the program’s key consulting project. In this course students do real-life consulting projects for participating international companies. Students work on this team project in groups of 3-5 under the supervision of the company manager. This is an ideal opportunity for students to submerge in the real business world as consulting interns and gain additional practical experience.
- International Business Research
- Strategic Management of International Companies
- Foundations of Managerial Economics
- Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting
- International Corporate Finance
- International Marketing
- World’s Business Cultures and International Business Negotiations
- International Business Consulting
- Global Political Economy and Interaction Between Business and
- Political Aspects of International Business
- International Organizations
- International Trade
- International Business Transactions
- Legal Aspects of International Business
- International Alliances, Mergers and Acquisitions
- International Entrepreneurship
- International Financial Management
- International Financial Markets and Institutions
- Comparative Financial Regulation and Taxation
- International Marketing Strategies
- International Market Research
- International Advertising
- Doing Business in EU
- Doing Business in North America
- Doing Business in Asia
- Doing Business in Russia
- World Economy
- International Relations
MIB Program benefits
- Program is practice-oriented
Students effectively combine work and study
- Students work on a real-life consulting project for the corporate client as part of the curriculum
- Some courses are taught by experienced business executives
- Classes feature many guest speakers from relevant fields of business
- Career Development class
- MIB Double Degree with the University of South Carolina, Darla Moore School of Business, MIB program USA
- One semester study at one of the partner universities abroad
- Opportunity to build extensive networks for future career
Other partner universities/programs
The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, USA
University of Parma, Italy
University of Luxembourg
The interdisciplinary Master of International Business program is developed for students who have a strong commitment to a career in international business.
MIB graduates are prepared to become managers, consultants and executives in international companies, their foreign affiliates, branches and representative offices.
Our graduates have a strong competitive advantage at the start of their career as they possess the managerial skills as well as the knowledge in economics, politics, foreign policy, international law, and regional specializations.
Employers of MIB graduates and current students
• Embassies in Russia
• Kraft Foods
• Sakhalin Energy Investment Company