Study Petroleum Engineering in Russia with a Bachelors degree in Drilling of Oil and natural Gas wells
BACHELORS in Petroleum Engineering in Russia
Come study in Russia in TPU (founded in 1896), Tomsk, Council for Foreign Education in Russia’s official partner.
Study in Russia with Council for Foreign Education in Russia as it is in a strategically strong position due to its location in Russia and its relationship with top Petroleum Engineering faculties to impart quality education in Petroleum Engineering to international students.
The demand for new engineers is expected to continue well into the future as a large number of practising engineers are approaching retirement age, creating new opportunities for young graduates. Oil and gas production is a worldwide business with possibilities of overseas assignments or involvement in major overseas projects.
In our petroleum engineering program, low Professor: student ratios, research is integrated into learning , European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) , access to research and technological resources and ability to re pass the exams every semester if the student fares not satisfactorily or falls sick or is out f station for some genuine reason.
Several worldwide trends ensure that the strong demand for petroleum engineers will continue. The ever-increasing population of the earth, combined with the growing thirst for energy in the developing countries like India, China, Nigeria, Indonesia, South Africa, Brazil etc., is putting significant upward pressure on the demand for oil and gas production. This increasing demand for energy, and the simple fact that oil and gas resources are limited, places the petroleum engineer in a strong position now and for many years to come.
Oil company expenditures for exploration and production are rising fast, as are budgets and salaries for petroleum engineers. The number of job openings also is rising.
The ever-increasing integration of multidisciplinary teams of professionals—including petroleum engineers, geologists, geophysicists, and others—is another trend shaping the future of the industry. Joint ventures and partnerships among companies, and outsourcing of projects are opening new opportunities and new ways of doing business. These business trends are accelerating simultaneously with technological advances in the areas of computer simulation of underground oil and gas reservoirs, geophysical seismic techniques, horizontal drilling, and offshore drilling and production.
Additionally, more jobs are available than there are professionals to fill them.
In this course the student will be getting getting specialized skills and knowledge in the field of drilling oil and gas wells. Therefore, during the development of this profile bachelors will invited to explore the main issues related to the directional drilling of wells, increasing the wear resistance of the rock cutting tool research ecotoxicity drilling mud and cement solutions, development of jet–vortex nozzles jetting drill bits, improving the quality of drilling fluids.
|Objectives / Purpose
||The Federal State Education Standards requirements and interested employers
|Readiness of graduates to the production process and design activities, providing upgrades, implementation and operation of equipment for the production, transportation and storage of oil and gas
||The Federal State Education Standards requirements, criteria AEER, compliance with international standards and the EUR-ACE FEANI. Needs of the scientifc-research center of “TomskNIPIneft” and the oil & gas industry, enterprise OOO “Gazprom”, “Transneft”
|Readiness of graduates to the organizational and managerial activities for making professional decisions in the interdisciplinary fields of modern oil and gas technologies using the principles of management and control
||The Federal State Education Standards requirements, criteria AEER, compliance with international standards and the EUR-ACE FEANI, questions of domestic and foreign employers
BACHELORS in Petroleum Engineering in Russia course with specialization in Drilling of Oil and natural Gas wells
- Legal provision of the oil and gas business (mining law)
- Business Etiquette and Culture of Communication
- Fundamentals of business ethics and corporate culture
in the field of production and technological activities
- ability to manage system technological processes
- operate and maintain the complex Oil & Gas facilities
in the field of organizational and managerial activities
- Effectively work individually and as a team member on an interdisciplinary topics
- lead the team for the professional innovation tasks in accordance with the requirements of corporate culture and tolerance
in the area of project activity
- Plan, conduct, analyze, process, experimental studies with the interpretation of the results obtained on the basis of modern modeling techniques and computer technology
- Ability to apply knowledge, modern methods and software design tools to compile the project and working and technological documentation for drilling oil and gas wells, production, gathering, preparation, transport and storage of hydrocarbons
student should KNOW
- key terms and definitions, well construction, well classification
- history, problems and prospects of development of the technology of drilling wells
- processes of production drilling process
- methodology for designing the well design, calculation of casing and zonal isolation
- elements of technological equipment of the drill string, their structure and rules of operation
- technical tools of basic technological processes
- regulatory and technological and instructional documentation for drilling oil and gas wells
- basic safety precautions when drilling
- the peculiarities of engineering and technical services management and control drilling operations.
student should be BE ABLE TO:
- use simulation methods of drilling wells
- count well design
- to develop the technology of drilling
- use of technical means for measuring parameters of drilling fluids and cement
- conduct analytical work on the problem of drilling wells
- reasonable to choose a method of drilling and rock cutting tools for specific geotechnical drilling conditions
- calculate the optimal settings for the drilling
- perform projecting and checking calculation of the drill string for vertical and directional wells with rotary and turbine drilling
- conduct analytical work on the technological problems of drilling oil and gas wells.
student should POSSESS:
- Methods of constructing the simplest mathematical models of typical professional tasks
- Mathematical methods for solving problems of the natural sciences
- Methods of analysis meaningful interpretation of the results
Disciplines studied under BACHELORS in Drilling of Oil and natural Gas wells
1 GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONSTRUCTION OF WELLS
1.2. TECHNOLOGY DRILLING TOOLS
1.2.1. Rock cutting tool
1.2.2. Core Lifter device and drill head
1.3.2. Downhole drilling motors
1.3.3. Electric drills
1.4. TECHNOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF DRILLING.
1.4.1. Correlation of drilling and operational parameters.
1.4.2. The specifics of the various technologies in drilling
1.4.3. Drilling of wells with balanced pressure
1.4.4. Well drilling coring.
1.4.6. Drilling support-technology wells.
1.4.7. Design drilling technology
1.5. HIGHLIGHTS Drilling Technology Extreme Environments
1.5.1. Drilling technology to prevent fluid loss
1.5.2. Drilling technology for the prevention of water, oil and gas shows
1.5.3. Drilling technology to prevent violations of the stability of the borehole walls
1.5.4. Technological measures to prevent sticking
1.5.5. Features drilling technology in permafrost
1.7. Technology of drilling shallow wells VARIOUS
1.7.1. Technique and technology of drilling boreholes Features and drilling methods. Well design and setup filters. Drilling rigs, drill string and drilling technology.
1.7.2. Drilling Technology for solid minerals
Drilling conditions and methods used. Technological drilling tool. Constructive scheme, the normal range of drilling rigs. Features drilling technology.
1.7.3. Features drilling technology geotechnical and seismic wells.
Purpose and features of geological and seismic wells. Methods of drilling rigs, drill string and drill mode settings.
TOPICS OF LABORATORY WORK
- Identification of the elements of the flowsheet for the Drill Unit 80 installation
- Identification of the elements of the functional systems of a Rock Bit (RB)
- Identification of the RB with milled arm
- Identification of RB Carbide arms
- Identification of flushing systems
- Visual quality control stepper motor
- Instrumental quality control stepper motor
- Estimation of the parameters in the operation of stepper motor
- Coding wear
- Blade-drilling and PDC (polycrystalline diamond cutter) bits
- Identification of drill pipes
- Identification of the connecting elements of the drill string
- Determination of the strength characteristics of the drill pipe
- Identification of 14 turbines turbodrills
- Identification supports turbodrills
- Identification of the elements of section turbodrills
- Identification of the elements of section turbodrills spindle
- Identification of elements turbodrills with oblique line pressure
- Identification of the elements of the bulk Propellers
- Identification of the drill head
- Identification of core lifter devices
- Operative correction operation of SM
- Determination of the duration of a rational mining bits
- Identification of emergency tool
- Identification of rock cutting tools for drilling shallow wells
- Identification elements 26 of the drill string for drilling shallow wells
- Tools for coring while drilling for solid minerals
TOPICS PRACTICAL LESSONS
- Selection of drilling
- Analysis of the quality of materials for the manufacture of roller cone bits
Rock Bit (RB)
- Analysis of structural supports SM
- Analysis purification schemes face
- Analysis of the structures of SM
- Analysis of the structure of diamond bits
- Analysis layouts drillstring
- Analysis layouts BHA for drilling vertical holes
- Analysis of layouts BHA for drilling directional wells
- Calculation of the drill string for drilling vertical wells turbine
- Calculation of the drillstring 10 to Turbine drilling directional wells
- Calculation of drillstring 11 for rotary drilling of a vertical well
- An analysis of the energy characteristics of turbodrills
- Calculation of the drilling mode cone bits
- Sizing turbodrill
- Calculation performance turbodrills
- Calculation of the primary mode of penetration of the productive horizon
- Dimensioning mode coring
- Calculation of the oil and acid baths
- Design of the drill string for sinking shallow wells
- Calculation of the mode of drilling shallow wells
For applying to study Petroleum Engineering (Oil & Gas Engineering) in one of the leading Russian State Universities go HERE and learn the step-by-step admission process at the end of the page. Then you may fill in all fields in our INFORMATION REQUEST Form and forward it to one of our e-mails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org